Global Studies is an interdisciplinary program of study that provides a strong foundation in the analysis of contemporary global issues. The requirements of the major enrich, complement, and coordinate departmental offerings with the goals of:
- providing knowledge of diverse cultures: their social, economic and political interactions and impacts on the world;
- developing skills for successfully negotiating realities of contemporary societies;
- fostering values that respect diverse ways of living and deepen commitment to sustainability.
News and Events
- Certificate in International Development Studies: Info Sessions & Courses for Spring 2015
- Open to all majors across campus, LAS Global Studies has launched a new Certificate in International Development Studies! Students interested in the Certificate are strongly encouraged to sign up for the core course GLBL 250: Development which is being offered in Spring 2015. Click here to find out the schedule of upcoming information sessions to learn about the certificate!
- Posted Mon, 05 Jan 2015
- Interested in a Global Studies Major or Minor?
- Attend an info session in spring 2015! Learn about how to become a major or minor. Click here for dates and times!
- Posted Fri, 02 Jan 2015
- Apply to be a Global Studies Leader!
- All Global Studies majors who will be a junior or senior during the 2015-2016 academic year are invited to apply. Applications are due at 5:00 PM on Thursday, February 19, 2015.
- Posted Fri, 26 Dec 2014
- Global Studies COURSE IDEAS lists for SPRING 2015 available!
- Students must work with advisors to determine whether courses on this list will work with your Major Plan of Study. Courses should be considered as OPTIONS. We recommend that you review the courses, narrow down your interests, and plan a schedule for yourself before seeing an advisor. Some courses may require pre-reqs or instructor permission. Every registration period is also a good time to review your DARS report to see which requirements (gen eds and requirements for the GS major or minor) you still need to do.
- Posted Thu, 30 Oct 2014
Boren Graduates Fellowship Deadline
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Energy Conservation Incentive Program (ECIP) award
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Bittersweet: How Prices of Sugar-Rich Foods Contribute to the Diet-Related Disease Epidemic in Mexico
- 4:00 pm
- 7:00 pm
Italian Conversation Group
- 12:00 pm