Global Studies is an interdisciplinary program of study that provides a strong foundation in the analysis of contemporary global issues. The requirements of the major enrich, complement, and coordinate departmental offerings with the goals of:
- providing knowledge of diverse cultures: their social, economic and political interactions and impacts on the world;
- developing skills for successfully negotiating realities of contemporary societies;
- fostering values that respect diverse ways of living and deepen commitment to sustainability.
News and Events
- Global Studies COURSE IDEAS lists for SPRING 2015 available!
- Students must work with advisors to determine whether courses on this list will work with your Major Plan of Study. Courses should be considered as OPTIONS. We recommend that you review the courses, narrow down your interests, and plan a schedule for yourself before seeing an advisor. Some courses may require pre-reqs or instructor permission. Every registration period is also a good time to review your DARS report to see which requirements (gen eds and requirements for the GS major or minor) you still need to do.
- Posted Thu, 30 Oct 2014
- Introducing our NEW Certificate in International Development Studies!
- Open to all majors across campus, LAS Global Studies will offer a Certificate in International Development Studies starting Fall 2014! Students interested in the Certificate are strongly encouraged to sign up for the core course GLBL 250: Development which is being offered in Fall 2014 on Tuesdays and Thursday from 11 am-12:20 pm. Click here to find out the schedule of upcoming information sessions to learn about the certificate!
- Posted Wed, 30 Jul 2014
- Interested in a Global Studies Major or Minor?
- Attend an info session in fall 2014! Click here for dates and times!
- Posted Tue, 29 Jul 2014
- Introducing THREE exciting Capstone Options!
- LAS Global Studies now offers three capstone options as a culminating undergraduate integrative learning experience for students interested in grappling with global studies issues beyond their Major Plan of Study. Talk to an advisor about doing a Distinction Project, Faculty Research Assistance, or Internship today!
- Posted Mon, 28 Jul 2014
"The Great War: Experiences, Representations, Effects" (thru Dec. 21)
- 12/23/2014 - All day
IT No Change Period in effect
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Neyman's C(α) Test For Unobserved Heterogeneity
- 10:00 am
LAS Winter Convocation
SLCL Holiday Closing Schedule - December 24 through January 2
- 1/4/2015 - All day
Study Abroad Office Closed